The City of Peterborough Academy Mission Statement
We aim to ensure that every pupil receives the best education possible in a calm, controlled environment enabling self and mutual respect to develop.
THE ACADEMY AIMS
A partnership of pupils, parents, staff and governors working together for:
- Self improvement
- Academic achievement
- Community involvement
- Equality of opportunity
- Raising expectations
- Evolving technological skills
- Enhancing the environment
- Development of personal skills
To enable us to get the very best from our young people we will provide:
- A pleasant learning environment in which a stimulating, accessible and appropriate curriculum can be delivered.
- Supportive, secure care for individual pupils through the year-based pastoral system.
- Resources and facilities which enhance advanced technological practice e.g. industry standard computers, scientific equipment and access to a high quality work experience.
- Tuition for a wide range of public examinations to encourage academic achievement.
- A basis for partnership with groups in the local community.
- Information for parent/carers about academic progress and general welfare through regular Academy reports and the opportunity to meet staff by appointment.
- A range of enrichment activities and support beyond the normal school day to enhance pupil achievement e.g. learning support, revision classes, Academy teams, clubs and societies.
We expect parent/carers to ensure that:
- Pupils attend regularly.
- Pupils are sent to the Academy in full uniform and with protective clothing for bad weather.
- Pupils have appropriate equipment, such as pens, pencils, ruler, eraser, calculator, games kit and a suitable bag.
- Pupils arrive at the Academy punctually each morning.
- Pupils attempt homework to the best of their ability.
- Progress and achievement are monitored through achievement diaries, reports and other contacts with the Academy.
- They are able to attend all parents' evenings.
We expect pupils to:
- Behave well on the Academy site and show respect to others.
- Arrive on time each day, attend regularly and bring all the necessary equipment.
- Complete all homework set to the best of their ability.
- Obey the Academy rules and wear the full Academy uniform.
- Work hard in lessons.
- Revise thoroughly for all tests and examinations.