Pupil Premium and Catch-Up Literacy & Numeracy
Pupil Premium statement
Schools and Academies receive a Pupil Premium Grant to support their work in tackling underachievement by disadvantaged pupils. The Pupil Premium allocation is received for each child who has been registered for free school meals (FSM) within the last six years, for each child who has been in continuously looked after for six months and for each service child within the past four years.
"Schools, Headteachers and teachers will decide how to use the Pupil Premium allocation, as they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for individual pupils. It is for schools to decide how the Pupil Premium, allocated to schools per FSM pupil, is spent, since they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for the individual pupils within their responsibility."
- We are committed to 'diminishing the difference' between all pupils and any specific cohort or group of pupils.
- We will ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all of our pupils.
- We will ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups; this includes ensuring that the needs of pupils are adequately assessed and addressed.
- We reserve the right to allocate the Pupil Premium Grant to support any pupil or group of pupils we have legitimately identified as being disadvantaged.
- Funds will be allocated following an analysis which will identify priority groups or individuals.
- Not all eligible pupils will be in receipt of Pupil Premium interventions at one time.
The following criteria will be used to judge the impact of Pupil Premium expenditure on pupil outcomes:
- % Attendance
- % Persistent Absence
- % Fixed Term Exclusions
- Levels of progress in English and Mathematics
- Value-added score – best 8 GCSEs including equivalents
- 5+ A*-C including English and Mathematics
- Average Points Score – English and Mathematics
- Average Points Score - best eight GCSEs including equivalents
For each measure we will compare Pupil Premium pupils against other pupils in the Academy. We will also compare the achievement of our Year 11 Pupil Premium against Pupil Premium pupils nationally