Pupil Premium and Catch-Up Literacy & Numeracy
Pupil Premium statement
Schools and Academies receive a Pupil Premium Grant to support their work in tackling underachievement by disadvantaged pupils. The Pupil Premium allocation is received for each child who has been registered for free school meals (FSM) within the last six years, for each child who has been in continuously looked after for six months and for each service child within the past four years.
"Schools, Headteachers and teachers will decide how to use the Pupil Premium allocation, as they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for individual pupils. It is for schools to decide how the Pupil Premium, allocated to schools per FSM pupil, is spent, since they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for the individual pupils within their responsibility."
- We are committed to 'diminishing the difference' between all pupils and any specific cohort or group of pupils.
- We will ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all of our pupils.
- We will ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups; this includes ensuring that the needs of pupils are adequately assessed and addressed.
- We reserve the right to allocate the Pupil Premium Grant to support any pupil or group of pupils we have legitimately identified as being disadvantaged.
- Funds will be allocated following an analysis which will identify priority groups or individuals.
- Not all eligible pupils will be in receipt of Pupil Premium interventions at one time.