Enterprise and Marketing
OCR Cambridge Nationals in Enterprise and Marketing - Key Stage 4
What is the aim of this course?
OCR Cambridge Nationals in Enterprise and Marketing was a new specification for 2022 and gives students a real theoretical and practical insight into both starting their own and established business. Students will have one exam at the end of year 11 that contributes 40% of the final grade. The remaining 60% is comprised of two coursework units. The coursework will take the theoretical aspects from the exam and allow students to apply these in a simulated event to launch a new product which is determined by OCR. All of this learning will conclude with a presentation in front of a panel of external business people in Year 11.
The course content
Students considering this course will need to be hard working, self-motivated and enjoy independent working. The course is split into 3 units;
R067 Exam: Enterprise and Marketing Concepts; covering Characteristics, risk and reward for enterprise, Market research to target a specific customer, What makes a product financially viable, Creating a marketing mix to support a product and Factors to consider when starting up and running an enterprise.
R068 Coursework: Design a Business Proposal; covers Market research, How to identify a customer profile, Develop a product proposal, Review whether a business proposal is financially viable, Review the likely success of the business proposal.
R069 Coursework: Market and Pitch a Business proposal; covers Develop a brand identity to target a specific customer profile, Create a promotional campaign for a brand and product, Plan and pitch a proposal, Review a brand proposal, promotional campaign and profession pitch.
What might the subject lead into?
Taking this course will, of course, be ideal for any budding entrepreneurs but the skills, transferable skills and content learnt can lead to a range of further education options such as A Level Finance, Business A Level or BTEC Level 3. From here students can go onto University courses such as Business, Politics or International Management. Those wanting to pursue a different route can take the skills and knowledge gained as a stepping stone to almost any career including law, banking and finance.