Free School Meals
Free School Meals are a statutory benefit. The Government does not allow us to recognise any other benefit other than those mentioned below.
Free School Meals are available to children of families who are in receipt of:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- An income-related employment and support allowance
- Support under part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
Parents receiving Working Tax Credit for four weeks after their employment finishes are entitled to free school meals during that period. This also applies to parents who start working less that 16 hours per week (please seek advice about this from the Benefits Agency).
Children who receive Income Support or Income Based Job Seekers Allowance in their own right are also entitled to receive Free School Meals.
In cases where children receive education who have not attained compulsory school age, there will be a conditional requirement that they receive education both before and after the lunch period, before being eligible to receive Free School Meals.
To apply for free school meals please click on the link below:
You will need to register with Nottingham County Council. If you need support to complete the form, please contact the Academy.
If you are already FSM through your child's primary school you will need to re-register with Nottingham City Council.