How will my child be taught remotely?
At the City of Peterborough Academy there is a blended learning approach to our remote learning offer. Your child will be taught though a combination of the following approaches:
- Live lesson delivered via Microsoft Teams
- Pre-recorded teaching (e.g. Oak National Academy lessons, video/audio recordings made by Teachers) shared with students via Microsoft Teams
- Guided independent practice with work set using Assignments and/or Notebook
- Commercially available websites supporting the teaching of specific subjects or areas, including video clips or sequences
Live lessons will be a combination of:
- Teacher led: full 45 minute Teacher led lesson
- Independent focus: 10 minute Teacher introduction followed by independent work to be submitted by students at the end of the lesson time.
Live lessons follow a similar routine to what we would expect in a normal classroom following our CoPA core framework: