The Academy has strict guidelines on dress and all pupils will be expected to wear the full Academy uniform. The wearing of our distinctive uniform gives pupils a sense of 'belonging', helps foster a pride in the Academy and stops pupils coming to the Academy in unsuitable clothes.
There are two distinct Academy uniforms:
- Year 7 and 8 pupils will wear a uniform based on a purple pullover
- Year 9, 10 and 11 pupils will wear a uniform based on a black pullover
Pupils are expected to wear the Academy uniform when travelling to and from the Academy, at all Academy functions and on visits by parties or sports teams. Parents are strongly advised to supervise the purchase of all clothing which is to be worn in the Academy and when there is doubt, to check in advance with the Academy to find out whether or not a particular item will be acceptable.
Years 7 and 8:
Years 9, 10 and 11
Jewellery is not allowed, except for one pair of small studs in the lobes of the ear. Ear rings, rings, nose studs or other facial jewellery are not allowed. A clear retainer can be used if necessary.
Shoes should be black and sensible for school use, flat soled or with very low heels, no more than half an inch at the front of the heel. High heeled shoes are quite unsuitable and are dangerous on our school site. Boots or trainers should not to be worn.
Excessive hair styles are not permitted. This includes unnatural hair colours and hair cuts of an extreme nature. Visible make-up, eyelash extensions, nail extensions and varnish are not permitted at the Academy.
The Academy uniform comprises:
- Plain white school shirt (not polo shirts)
- Academy tie
- Black trousers or skirt (jeans and cords are not allowed, skirts to be no shorter than knee length)*
- Academy V-necked jumper with logo
- Black or white socks, neutral or black tights with skirts.
- Some pupils may wish to wear a Salwar Kameez, in either purple (KS3) or black (KS4). The kameez must be knee length.
* Girls trousers must have a high enough waistband to ensure they are modest enough to be worn on the Academy site and to allow shirts to be properly tucked in. They must not be tight-fitting. Wide belts are not allowed.*
- Black short-sleeved sports polo shirt with purple panels and Academy logo
- Black long-sleeved reversible sports shirt with purple panels and Academy logo
- Black track suit bottoms with grey stripe
- Suitable trainers or other PE footwear
The Principal's decision on all items in the uniform section is final and binding.
Electrical items, such as MP3 players and mobile phones are also not allowed in the Academy and will be confiscated if found.
Uniform can be ordered by visiting the following website:
https://www.chromasport.co.uk/shop/city-of-peterborough-academy (link to Chroma sport on page opposite)
Contact details for ChromaSport:
Unit 10, Wulfric Square Bretton
England, PE3 8RF
Τ: 01733 262526
Chroma sport are currently offering a click and collect service on the following dates:
Click & Collect Only
Monday 29th March - 10am – 2pm
Tuesday 30th March - 10-am – 2pm
Wednesday 31st March - 10am – 2pm
Thursday 1st April – 10am – 2pm
Friday 2nd April – Closed
Monday 5th April – Closed
Tuesday 6th April – 10am – 2pm
Wednesday 7th April – 10am – 2pm
Thursday 8th April – 10am – 2pm
Friday 9th April – 10am – 2pm
Please Note: Deliveries are going out as usual.
Please also note that the option of home delivery is still avalible and being sent out as normal.